Interdepartmental Collaboration Session Remuneration Application
Please note that even though funding requests may fall within the Facility Engagement funding guidelines, they are not all guaranteed for approval. Funding requests must be in alignment with current RHPS priorities and approvals are dependent upon available funds. Approvals are for a limited time and are for sessions that have a clear clinical aim or topic of discussion.
RHPS (Richmond Hospital Physician Society) recognizes the stability and strength that come from having open conversations and a shared understanding that provide immeasurable benefits to those who are willing to participate.
Interdepartmental Collaboration is put forth to celebrate these engaging conversations and the transparency through them as they contribute to the success of the clinical services that are delivered at Richmond Hospital.
Priority and approval will be given to requests that are in line with RHPS’ priorities as defined by the 2019 Memorandum of Understanding and our member(s)’ input. These are to:
- Improve physician collaboration
- Provide time and space for physicians to discuss clinically relevant issues across various departments or divisions
Physicians participating in Interdepartmental Collaborative engagement sessions will have sessional remuneration.
- Minimum of 2 departments/divisions with at least 1 physician from each department/division needs to be present at each session.
- Each physician can claim a maximum of 1 hour per session.
- Each physician is allowed to claim a maximum of 4 sessions per year.
- Each session needs to have at least one clinical aim/topic of discussion.
- A host physician for each session will need to apply at least 5 business days prior to the proposed session date on the RHPS website on behalf of all physicians that will participate in each Interdepartmental Collaborative session for FEMS funding approval.
- The RHPS physician lead for Interdepartmental Collaboration will determine the eligibility of each session and approve the respective funding accordingly.
- A confirmed attendance sheet MUST be submitted by the host physician immediately after the session. The host physician will receive an email with a downloadable PDF file that contains a list of attendees. Please make a note (either electronically or physically) of all physicians who attended this session, and email the complete attendance sheet back to firstname.lastname@example.org. If all attended, please return the attendance sheet and indicate “All attended”. Only physicians from this confirmed attendance sheet will be able to claim FEMS sessional payment.
- Activities from Interdepartmental Collaborative sessions cannot be used for CME credits, claimed under other FEMS activities, used for (MSP) billing purposes, or funded by any other means.
- Meal reimbursement up to $25 per physician per session can be claimed via FEMS and can be claimed when attending any Interdepartmental Collaboration funded sessions even after the maximum number of 4 funded sessions/physician/year is reached.
- Claims are to be made for each session in FEMS. All FEMS claims must be submitted within 3 months of each session. Claims outside of the 3-month window will be declined.
- Each Interdepartmental Collaborative session will be approved on a first come first serve basis.
- Sessions cannot be a part of regular departmental/divisional business meetings or journal club.
- The form cannot be saved mid-progress. Please ensure you are able to complete and submit the form once you have started.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com.